Tuesday, April 30, 2013

BSides Puerto Rico

Its been a few weeks and my tan (burn) is gone, but I wanted to write a quick post about my time at BSides Puerto Rico. It was an awesome conference and a great venue. Although it was Puerto Rico's first security conference, it certainly didn't feel that way. The people that put the conference together were professional and obviously worked their butts off to make it happen. For a small con, it had some nice amenities such as an upscale venue and lunch.

There were some great talks as well. If you get a chance, check out Royce Davis' talk "Owning Computers without Shell Access" It was my favorite talk, but there were plenty of other great talks. I am sure the other talks will find their way online shortly.

I imagine BSidesPR will be much bigger next year and I think its well worth the cost. The actual conference was under $100 and a flight to Puerto Rico was much more affordable than I thought it would be. The weather was perfect, the talks were good and I made some new friends! Sign me up for next year and they even made this cool con wrap-up video.

-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment